Friday, October 5, 2012

Aunty Kim

My dear Aunty Kim,

She's my mom's friend, or should i say formally, a client when my mom was working in a law firm.
She's thin, and pretty with shiny white hair. We recognize her by her body frame, and her hair, when she talks, she's always in her smile. Even though she's quite old, but she's always young at heart. She used to drive around in her Nissan Sunny.

I remember when i was a small kid, i used to follow my mom to visit Aunty Kim at her old bungalow house, at sect 14. She was a friendly lady, gives lots of advises. I can't remember it now, but i do remember she was very kind and helpful.

Every Chinese New Year, we used to pay a visit to her, and she would give me a big ang pao, it was consider big enough. i would say, almost 20 years ago. She always likes to buy butter cookies for us, it was consider the expensive one, which other people seldom would buy. Whenever there's a box of butter cookies, no doubt it was from her.

She's a very happy person. Always has a smile on her face.

My mom told me bout her stories, a brief one, when she was younger. Aunty Kim is the eldest daughter of one of Malayan Tin Mining tycoon back in the olden days. She worked very hard when she was a young lady. I remembered Aunty Kim used to tell me some of her stories as well, but now i cant remember what was her stories til my mom told me again.

She's an awesome lady. She helps lots of people and she is quite well known, i cant say among who.

My mom mentioned before, just few months ago, mom visited her again, she was very old, and weak, and has a lil Alzheimer. She couldn't recognize my mom at 1st, then she remembers when my mom reminded her. It was sad to hear that and makes me think, what will happen if both of my parents were like that too? I seriously don't know how i will cope.

Then, few days ago, Aunty Kim's son messaged my mom and said, Aunty Kim has passed away peacefully.

I got the news from my grandma, it made me shocked. I wasn't that shocked that Aunty Kim was passed, but my grandma just said "you'll have 1 less ang pao to collect now" she was so serious, I really thought she was talking bout herself, even my elder aunty sitting next to my grandma got shocked too. Then I asked what do you mean? She then said, Aunty Kim has passed away. Then I got a lil relieved, but lil shocked on that news. I think she passed coz of old age.

Earlier, my mom and I went to her funeral and met Aunty Kim's family. I saw her coffin, and Aunty Kim's face, she still has a smiley face, I mean 笑容。 At least, she passed away peacefully.

I'm missing you already. We all gonna miss you.

R.I.P Aunty Kim.
God Bless.

0 comments: