Monday, November 10, 2008

Kenyir Trip Part 2

Continued from the previous post....
8th November 2008- Last day in Kenyir

We had buffet breakfast. Simple but nice..I had a lot too for breakfast.



The buffet counter



One of my favourite pastry, tiny blueberry puff and I ate it with butter and honey..yum yum..I missed it now.




After breakfast, I took my chance to ask the receptionist whether I can take a peep and snap some photos in the spa. She asked the Spa Manager, and she said yes. I was feeling lucky and grateful that she allowed me to do so. As I reached, the Spa building is beautiful by itself and facing the main lake too. This was the main chalet which belongs to Tun Dr Mahathir when he visits Kenyir, but because he seldom visit, this building has converted to spa.

The facade of the SPA


The waiting area of the spa



This is the manager..Can't remember her name

The interior of the Spa. Apparently, the manager, herself decorates the place. She bought the furnitures, and all are local. Good Job. She worked as a decorator/designer in Uk and few other places before. We chatted and its great that she showed me around and introduce me the areas and allowed me to snap pics. I am very grateful she did it.


This is the view directly from the spa. Its beautiful


The massage area



This was used to be Tun Mahathir's room


Mixture of fruits which I don't know. The manager uses it as deco

I found this set is cute

As we're there, my mom and I manage to tryout the spa, as my mom did back massage and me, I chose to take the face mask instead. Worth it though.

Stim on my face

This is my last view of my chalet (on the left) before we checked out

Last pic before we leave the place

As we reached the town, we manage to ask an old friend of my mom to bring us around KT. Well, they haven't meet for like 30 years??..and they still can reconize each other. As for that day, she became our tourguide and bring us around to many places. Amazing places.

Typical chinatown of KT, looks so much like Jonker street in Malacca, but wider road

Local tourist bus

This is where the monsoon cup held, Pulau Duyong.

Bazaar Warisan, newly open to attract more tourist on the local products especially batik

Pantai Batu Burok. I didn't expect it to be so beautiful. It was awesome. clean and muah....

but, I didn't get to feel the beach because, its raining heavily. Few minutes later, my camera battery died again. DAMN.

We went to some village which sells keropok lekok and other sorts of keropok. Its famous in KT especially. We even visited the floating mosque, Taman Tamadun Islam where all the famous mosques around the world, were built in this Park, but its just miniture of it. Its already dark, where all the lightings were beautiful, but my camera battery died. There's a mosque called the crystal mosque, which is made of crystal I guess, and it was awesome with the lighting and colors. Camera died. DAMN.

Then, my mom's friend brought us to a place, a 'warung' nearby the airport to have some dinner. I got to taste the Terengganu Laksa. Not bad as the soup was made of lemak, coconut milk. It was awesome. I thought I can't finish it, not to say a lot, but because I was pretty full. End up, I finished it. YEAH!!..

My flight delayed few mins then we reached KL around 11.30 tp 12. Can't really remember.

The feelings is totally different. Now feel more insecure when I got back. I feel much safer and secured in KT other than KL. Back to the city of crime. DARN...

Now I missed the bed, the food and the laziness I got there.hehehe..

I will have another trip to Terengganu one day with friends instead. Take lots of pictures.

0 comments: