Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fat Spoon

HUH???

What is that?

Start...

I was out with Lee Lee and Nathalie to uptown to print their final presentation board. I was being busybody...as usual..hehhehe. Love seeing their work. I was like...OMG!!
WHY WHY???

While waiting to finish printing total of 17 pieces of A0(s), we went to this 'cafe' nearby, called "Fat Spoon". Wondermilk was closed til 18th of September due to Hari Raya celebration. Wanted to go..

Well, "Fat Spoon" from the Sign Board, it's quite simple yet attracting.

At the doorstep, 3 of us went WAH!

It's doesn't look a place to eat, but it is. I don't know how to describe it, we were amazed and love it!



At the entrance, the door, as a ladle as the door handle, but to push. (forgot to take a pic of it)
The interior, it's totally amazing. It's simple, it's like some old place, it's vintage.


Different types of old wooden dining chairs.
There's a table for old sewing machine.


Just behind the entrance, a long board, hand written menu.


4 wooden one seater cushioned sofa, and few rotans side table. I remember my house used to have one, a similar one.

By the side, there's a collection of pictures of, I think the owner's childhood pictures. Seriously old. Like my parent's generation's pics.




Few different designs of dining tables and chairs.



There's one a table for 6 or 8, above the table, there's a wooden ladder, placed horizontally, and the kitchen utensils are hung from the ladder. Old utensils.

The drinks 'bar' is fully brick and the kitchen, well, only staff allowed in. So can't say anything bout it.

It's sooo nice. Slightly like Wondermilk, but this place is more like a place to reminiscing the old times of childhood. Seriously. It's so, kampung yet modern. I seriously don't know how to describe it. Maybe to some of you, it's just "ah, they have this and that, it's like that and so on" but for me, it has a special feeling to it. I might describe it like other people do, but I just feel it's more. Maybe to some are like me too. hhehhe. I think you must go there yourself to experience it.


When we got their menu, it's old Peter and Jane story book, the old kid's book. We were talking bout the menu n the whole interior instead of thinking which to order. Really admiring our parent's generation's furnitures and how they reuse the old stuff as decorations and furnishings.

Their printed menu is paste in the book itself. (forgotten to take photo of it)

The food are mostly local, or mom cook dishes. It's like a family like cafe/restaurant. Price was kinda moderately high, not too expensive, but it could be slightly cheaper. But it was ok.

We had light snack and refreshing sour fruit juice.

3 currypuffs and mini spring rolls for 3 of us

I kept taking pictures, but forgotten bout the toilet.

Many things I didn't take pics of, felt a bit weird, but I guess I wont be the only one who took pics of this place.

It was a nice place...

Still wondering why is it called "Fat Spoon"

P/S: from the pics I took, was from my phone, it's not so clear or attractive unlike digital cam or DSLR. Those who like interior, this is one of a place should go.

0 comments: