Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sky at night


I just went out to try my luck to look for meteor again, well, the peak time has gone, it's pretty hard to see one now.

However, today's sky is clearer than days before and I could see more stars.

The best thing is, I used binoculars to see those stars. I could see so many stars, small and big ones.

There're always these 3 bright stars shine in a straight line. The whole year, we can see it, then now I realized it's actually part of the famous constellation, The Orion or The Hunter. I went to searched for an image in Google, and then went out to check on it with my binoculars. I manage to find the whole Orion. I feel so proud and happy. LOL.
The 3 bright stars in a row actually is the belt or waist of The Hunter. Early of the night, these 3 stars are in line facing in a direction, then few hours later, it rotated, well, the Earth rotates.

I'm gonna check other constellation around it from the image I've got.

STAR GAZING!!

Now my neck hurts. I've been straining it for few days, today its pretty more hurt than before.

It's really amazing for me to find the correct constellation and to know what kind of stars are those. Yes, I do love Astronomy. I wanna learn more, sometimes I'm just lazy. HEHE..

And I know I've been repeating this, I really want to own a TELESCOPE!!!
Back to star gazing and meteor.

0 comments: