Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another local movie

I finally watched 'Ice Kacang Puppy Love'. With my 2 aunties, mom, brother and a college friend.

I bought the tics online via maybank2u for GSC Tropicana City Mall. Wasn't the best seats, but better than others. 3 rows from the back. We're few mins late, 2 or 3 mins, we missed the beginning part. I had to slide down a bit to watch, because, it's a small cinema, and the screen was big. Still ok LAR.

This is the 2nd movie made locally after the success of 'Woohoo!' Most local Big Stars acted in this Movie. Most are singers themselves.


The setting was good. Kampung place somewhere up in North, near Penang, Taiping. That's what my aunty said. She passed by b4. There's a village in Penang, by the sea, actually it was beautiful. The village and the sea. Blue clear water. Where to get it in Penang?Could see its in Penang.
This movie directed and acted by 'Ah Niu' local singer/actor. He is soo cute in the movie. So innocently in love with someone fierce played by Angelica Lee Xin Jie. This move reminds me of myself when I was a kid and few of the character, reminds me of my cousins and friends.
This movie is like telling one sided love and triangle love story.



Family and friends value are there. It's so typical Malaysian lifestyle story. Childhood story too.
I don't friend you, then next day, I friend you, then goes on and on, as a cycle. What kids plays those times, teasing here and there. Typical aunties and uncles buy 4D on every single thing. Seriously. Aunties, as usual, GOSSIPING and spread stupid and misunderstanding rumors. FEEL like smacking them. But that's LIFE.

The on scene names are quite funny and memorable.

'Botak' means Bald because he was bald but not totally.
Fighting Fish coz she want to be one.
Ma Lin Fan coz he's is troublesome
Ma Lin Bing coz she likes to drink ice barley
Bai Ma Wang Zi (Prince Charming)
Dinasour coz he's big size
Zhao Kai (Fried Chicken) coz he's tall and skinny.



There're few scenes I could predict what gonna happen next, but some, are unpredictable, especially when Ma Lin Fan was 'high' and fell in love with his childhood rival, Fighting Fish, when she fell on him and fought with him, while 'rubbing' his aherm. It was funny. Mr Director actually close up on that. LOL.

And and , both lead actor and actress kissed! I was like..ooooooo they didn't censored that part too. Pretty close up also. hahaha. Surprisingly not cencored on these 2 scenes. But it was good. I mean the movie.

The song sang by AhNiu , one of the OST, really really good, and soothing yet touching too.


No wonder, always full house even though so long d. Seriously it's good. Must watch.

After movie, I brought my friend to this Design bookstore, and Borders while my family went back home 1st.

Then went to Carrefour to buy ma toiletries and dairy drinks. hehe.

Then dinner at McD. I missed McD for months. Tried to online there with phone, cannot. DAMN, almost half of the ppl in McD were using laptop. After makan, Then balik.

Seriously, this is a should watch movie. hehe.

0 comments: