Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunday, Design


I went to KL Design Week, with my Graphic Designers friends and a lecturer, Mr Mark, the driver also.

I kinda led the way, thanks to my mom. She is the real GPS.

Well, KL Design Week, in Capsquare, Jalan Ampang (I guess), at Kuala Lumpur.

It's inside the Complex, small place, but lots of eye open stuff. Some are common, some are awesome. Great job Designers and artists.
This is one of the exhibit, all, mostly are ethnic kind of design, from Hawaii, designer is local. His studio and office in Jaya One, PJ. So near ma house. He's openning a new sandwich kiosk in Jaya One too.


One water feature design. I saw one similar, bigger scale, in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 Singapore Airport. It's really nice.
Consider one of the unique design, using packaging design concept to come out with this paper box up doll. It's call boxies!

One of the close ups..it's really cute. The designer actually came out with one empty template for us to design it ourselves. 2 templates, one female and one male. The difference is at the arms.

This may look common, beads. It's pretty heavy, and expensive too.


I had to take this, it's kinda related to my final. It's obvious that is from De Stijl. A student from KBU exhibit this.
This is cute! A huge Model. Actually, this design, and related ones are designed by 5 designers. They actually gathered every weekend, do some art work, trial and error, and it became designs. I really love their work, using paper clay, clay, wood. They're more to natural and bold designs. There's a necklace I saw, I love the pendant but a bit pricey.
These are few of the works that the 5 designer did.

A unique table. It's a beautiful piece of art. If I can afford, I would want to have it.


I can't remember which college did this, but the lighting, shadow, pretty nice.
From a boring and simple stuff, can create a beautiful art piece.



Just outside Capsquare, took this in the middle of a road, nearly got knock.



After we left Capsquare, we head to KLCC for homedec. Well, didn't take pics inside, but I took the Jagung from the Convention Center.

Only me and Soo Har are interested in Homedec, not other Graphic Designers.
Bought 4 Space Mags for RM10, normal price is RM15 for one.

Then we left. Back to PJ.

However, Soo Har and I continue, our day out to Amcorp Mall. There's a Handphone fair there, but nah..not that cheap anyway. That evening was dark, heavy rain, and I drove slllooowwwlly.

The fair is located at the carpark outside the Mall, and I parked inside the building. While waiting for the rain to subside a lil, we had Subway for dinner. She insist of paying it as a treat for my birthday and thank me.

Well, after that, we went to the fair, She wanted to get the same phone as mine, with same price or less, but none. So she decided to get it from another friend of ours. Same price. same stuff. Then we left.

When I reached home, my cousins came too with Yu Jin.

He listened to me. So happy. My cousin said Yu Jin don't do that.

I took my phone, I told him, I want to take picture, he came and grabbed my phone so tightly. I was so scared he'll drop it. I told him, take picture take picture. took a few. Mostly he looked away. He came to me again, tryin to grab my phone, then I said, one more one more, he slowly walked backwards, and posed. HAHAH. His mom was amazed coz when she asked him to do it, he won't listen. HAHAH. He listened to me! normally he don't listen to us. So cute la he. Lil Yu Jin. Smart Kid also. Very SMART!

What a day out and home. hehe.

and, my Aunty Sylvia is back from Everest Base Camp! Safely. Woohoo!
She's a good hill hiker. Awesome. Went to Kilimanjaro, Acungawa and other mountains too.

WOOHOO! now she's back, got good food to eat! and Mother's Day this weekend, wonder what we're gonna eat. HEHEHE. However, Yu Jin can't join us. His dad's family got lots of events this month. Birthdays.

Now, I'm lookin forward for tomorrow. IRON MAN 2~~ wweeeeee.

Til then, jia ne

0 comments: