Saturday, May 10, 2008

Malacca Trip

I've been planning to go for trips, travelling I would say, with friends who has same interest as mine. I found few, Su Jan is one of them. We've been planning, discussing through MSN Messenger, I've told her where I wante to go. At first, I was planning to go to Penang Island on my birthday. Well, things came up like Saturday class and Monday's presentation after 2 weeks of new sem. And of course, $$ concerned as well. :)

Plans cancelled for Penang.

We still plan, as I have my new assignment, designing interior of an airport. Huge project it is. The thing is, Lecturer wants us to find a vernacular architecture to apply into our design. All I can think is Malay Kampung House and the place I chose is Malacca. Another thought came, Baba Nyonya. The culture, colours of Baba Nyonya is fascinating as it reflects Chinese culture hibrid with Malay. Isn't it cool? It's not "Chin-lay" anyway. So basically, I have a reason, purpose to have a trip down to Malacca. I know the road there, well, I have relative there.
Discussed with Jan, and plans made, and invited another friend, Alexis or Mei, and Kenny.

Fast Forward to that day,. . ..

Kenny didn't confirm until last minute, which is very very last minute, on that day itself, during my class.

Class til 12.

I borrowed my brother's car, old Wira and its MANUAL. Girl with Manual Car. HEHEHE.

Well, non of my friends can drive, so I drove. Fetched Kenny from LRT station nearby my house, then to Jan's House nearby my house too. On the way to Mei's house next, I was a little sleepy, not that very very sleepy, I asked them to talk to me. They said OK and then, Silence for like 10 seconds. Talk to me not silence...Gosh

Fetched Mei and all of us had lunch nearby Mei's house. We had KFC. It's like ages I last had KFC. Only few months . . .HEHEHE

And we start our journey around 3.30. Expected to reach by 5 or 5-ish. Gosh, Jam started right before Nilai. All the way to Seremban, on off Jam.

The jam from Nilai, this red car, has been in front of us for quite long


We had a stop at Seremban R&R. Washroom, snacks. Yes and of course, Cam-w**ring the whole journey. Took a pic of all of us.


Kenny wid his choc ice cream.

Kenny was fascinated bout this cat, cat lover!


Journey continues. . .

Reached Malacca toll, around 6, almost time for sunset, so we head to the beach, not Klebang beach because, too public. I drove us to this village road, where my dad called it Hainanese Village. It's at Tanjung Keling, and its nearby Malacca famous beach hotel, used to called Riviera Bay Hotel. It's classy, beautiful hotel. The toilet is fab enough.


Reached at the beach, darn, wrong spot to see sunset. It was blocked by another 'tanjung'.

Me jumping high on the sand, love the background.


I had my sandals off and walked on the beach. It wasn't that clean, but much better than some places, there's a hut, where uncles and grandpas were playing chinese chess.


We, took pictures, jumping on the sandy beach, we even chase after hen with her 2 chick. They're cute by the beach, took pics of them too. As if we didn't seen chicken LIVE before.

The hen and her chicks


There's a house, facing the beach, no gate, all kinds of pets, from puppy, dogs, cats, goose, ducks and chicken, living happily there together at the compound. Harmony. So sweet.

The harmony 'pets'

I suggested to chase after the sunset, we went further, another beach, I don't know what is that beach called, well, there're more people there, more commercialize, there's a seafod restaurant I guess, nearby.


The sunset, blocked by the cloud


Took pics, but didn't get to see the sunset. It was blocked by clouds. ARRGGHH.. NVM, I will have my chance another day.
Sky getting dark, drove to the town, find my way, to the hotel nearby Jonker Walk, a budget hotel, Hallmark Hotel. Actually, I was lost, couldn't find my way, there're so many signs to the town, and soooooo many one way street. How???, I called my classmate who's a Malaccan. Asked for her direction. Great.

Finally, we reach and check-in around 8 plus...no...almost 9 I think.

Only room left, Family Room with no window, Gosh, Take only. We put our luggage, bags in the room, then walk to Jonker Walk, just 5 mins walk. Not bad. It was on Saturday, and I didn't know it's like Pasar Malam, full of stalls and people. It was soooooooo packed. Very very.



Look at the crowd! We hardly can walk.


One of the building, typical colonial, blend with local architecture


The upper floor, is another budget hotel called TWENTY, along Jonker Walk.


Walk and walk, hungry, looking for food, passed by some shop..as my friend did intro that Malaccan Cendol, especially at Jonker Walk is delicious. Walked up and down, finally we settled at this shop selling Nyonya Laksa and Cendol, and they have Durian Cendol too. Famous at Jonker Walk. We ordered 4 laksas and 1 Cendol. :) Share. It's all yummy. Especially the cendol, they used Gula Melaka. The sweetness, taste simply unbeatable.

4 Nyonya Laksas and a cendol


Then, we continue walking and we must not miss the night life, at pubs, a 'lorong' perpendicular to the Jonker Walk, all kinds of Bar and Pubs with Performances. We hang out in Geography, there's no place outside, darn packed...we sat inside. I was too full, just ordered SPRITE, I know, in a place like that. Mei and Jan ordered Heineken, 2 glasses, Kenny, White Wine, Kononnya classy. HAHAH.

Cheers!! For the Malacca Trip.

And we shifted outside, near to fan, smaller table and some big gang of people drinking , drunk.. and loud...Jan and Mei said, they met ex lecturer same place we're at, which I didn't meet before.

Not long, we continue walking, and Jan wanted to buy sandals which she did. Kinda Cheap. Back to hotel, plan for the nex day's plan and Sleep!!!! After a long day.

Alarm rang at 8.30, Kenny woke up and went to bath and he sang, gosh, it was loud enough to wake us up but, it wasn't that bad, not that very good too, boleh tahan lah, when he's out, I wanted to take my turn, Kenny accidently turning something on or off...and the whole room was blackout. Kenny, Thank you. It was scary enough when there's no window. Kenny and I went to lobby and complained..and technician came 15 mins later. Done, everyone went to bath and had breakfast, checked-out and we start our tour, town tour by foot.

We went to. . . 1st destination, well, we walked, through Jonker Walk, went to er...Baba Nyonya Heritage Muzeum. Along the way, we did stop by at some old buildings, and took pictures.

Those round green things are glass bottle's bottom.


Baba Nyonya Heritage Muzeum, Facade

Riverside

Then we went to, er...lunch, we had Hainanese Chicken Rice Balls, It's famous at Jonker Walk. Yum Yum.
Chicken Rice Balls. . so yummy

Then we went to Studhuys, the RED Dutch Buildings just across the street, across a bridge.


Fountain in front of Studhuys


We walked under the sunny sun, luckily we had sunblock on. Thanks to Jan for the sunblock.
Kenny, holding Jan's camera and we spotted a hot white guy. Actually, for me, he's kinda ok ok. He's alone, hehehe. Then he's out of sight. We went up the hill, St. Paul Hill it called, up to the fort, Portugese Fort, and took pics there. It was windy, we can see the whole town from te hill. There're 2 portugese men performing there, singing, not bad actually. And we met that white guy again. Someone was excited seeing him. HAHA.

A dutch Fort on the St. Paul hill.


Kenny, admiring the fort, and being part of the stone?


We chatted with the portugese men, bout history. HAHA. We had a pic with them as well.
Jan, Me, and Mei then 2 portugese singers,
Kenny being the photographer


Journey down the hill, the other side of the hill, down to the famous A'Famosa Fort, at the foot of the hill. And I finally saw something I wanted to go, the Sultanate Palace, just slightly a walking distance from the fort. Went in, walked around and came out, sat at the stairway, at the middle actually, cam-w**ring. All kinds of pics, and the guard there were smiling and actually laughed at us.

Jump on the steep stairs.

Rocker


The famous A'Famosa Fort



The Sultanate Palace


The King, Queen and the royal maiden


Happy Family


Left





Right


Down


Up


And Everywhere






Then, out from the palace, we walked, a longer way, back to the hotel, We're sweating and Jan and I were wearing long jeans, gosh. On the way, we met the white guy again. HEHE..

At Jonker Walk, we were relaxing at this Shop, we're thirsty and I was a lil hungry. I can't remember what was the shop' name, we drank fruit juice and ate some sandwich. Sky getting darker, walk back to the hotel where my car was, Kenny wanted to take a bath. All of us were to tired..and we just waited for Kenny to take his paid bath at SPA's place nex to the hotel.



One of the small lane, off Jonker Street spotted by Jan.



We're resting and drink...Mei, sms-ing her bf in Ausy.

Almost 6, there's another destination I planned to go, a typical Malaccan Malay Kampung House. I found the place, its near the state mosque and I drove there. Going through some kampung road, reached. Took some pictures and off we go.


A typical Malaccan Malay Kampung House


Journey home started at 6.30 PM. JAM!! Jam in Malacca as well, SEREMBAN!

Reach KL, PJ, around ...almost 9. Dinner, Went to Oldtown Kopitiam.


We had fun touring and it was a tiring trip as well.

We're sooo gonna have another trip to somewhere again..4 of us again..YEAH!!!

1 comments:

sujiiee said...

LOL!! that was GREAT!
I even forgot all the small small details.
"Hey guys, talk to me k. In case i get sleepy"
"OKAY"
-silence 10 seconds-
*burst into laughter*